Sunday, May 6, 2012

Immortals Finished!

After another slow day here at the office and a bit more work I finally managed to get the first 5 Immortals finished. I gotta say painting in this style is some of the most fun I have had in ages. I feel really invigorated to paint after so many failed attempts at new projects. One thing that always amazes me is how much a paint scheme for an army changes and evolves as you actually go about painting it. With these 5 guys alone I slightly changed how I was doing things 3 times and the next batch will be done slightly different as well (just refining the order of painting things). Also, again I apologize for the picture quality as it was again taken with an iPhone. Any comments/critiques would be great!



5 comments:

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

Holy crap! Looking good, dude! I'm liking the clash of the blue with the brighter orange on their foreheads and then all the rust!

John Stiening said...

Those look fantastic. I love the worn metallic look. The orange and blue scheme works!

theHman said...

Nice.
I mean, not as nice as mine... but still nicely done sir. ;)

Ghoulio said...

@ Hman: Pics or it didnt happen! I still dont believe you painted any Necrons at all

40kaddict said...

You must be doing something right, I thought the black pipe in between the two greens wasn't painted with highlights, I just saw a glossy black pipe!

Have you thought about painting the edges of the bases with red? I know they're all done with black at the moment but I was so liberated when I did my red bases with a Mechrite edge. The black is neat and tidy though but you may always find some guy who's going to say they should be painted instead of being left black even though they've been painted black. Y'know what I mean?